Photo Manipulation and Ethics

1. Some main points that I gathered from this website is how they mainly changed how the person looked. If the person was "too fat" they edited it, if they were to dark, they edited it, or even if they had something wrong with their face it was edited. In some ways this was a good thing but it started going to far when they would edit someone out of a photo or edit it so much that you have a different perspective on it.
2. The philosophy of the Washington Post and New York Times is to never change the original lighting of the photo.
3. I think it's ok to edit a picture if it's very minor. In my opinion getting rid of a zit, making your teeth whiter, or even making yourself look a little bit skinnier is ok with me because it's not changing the main focus of the photo.
4.
 
In my opinion this photo is photoshopped so much that people begin to have the wrong impression on the situation. Newsweek magazine edited it so much to wear it made the viewer think that the situation wasn't as bad as it actually was. (unethical)
5.

In my opinion this photo is the least unethical because it changed very little of the photo and doesn't give off the wrong impression after it was edited. All that the editing did was make her look a little more put together since she's going to be on TV. To me this editing is not as bad as some of the other ones I have seen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Landscape Preview